Partnering Companies The partnering companies of the OPEN Alliance SIG believe the flexibility and scalability of Ethernet will dramatically improve in-vehicle safety, comfort and infotainment, while significantly reducing network complexity and cabling costs. Since its inception, the OPEN Alliance SIG has surged to more than 300 members strong.
- Establish 100Mbps BroadR-Reach® physical layer specification as an open industry and de facto standard
- Encourage and support the development of a high-speed physical layer solution in a standards organization
- Examine interoperability requirements and identify independent parties to conduct interoperability testing
- Address gaps related to standardization for implementing Ethernet based communication in automotive
BroadR-Reach Ethernet TechnologyAs consumer demand for in-vehicle connectivity continues to grow, automotive manufacturers are under constant pressure to deliver competitive, innovative features while minimizing cost. BroadR-Reach automotive Ethernet technology allows multiple in-vehicle systems (such as infotainment, automated driver assistance and on board-diagnostics) to simultaneously access information over a single unshielded twisted pair cable. By eliminating cumbersome, shielded cabling, automotive manufacturers can significantly reduce connectivity costs and cabling weight.
Engineered to meet the rigorous qualifications and demands of the automotive semiconductor market, BroadR-Reach® Ethernet technology delivers high-performance bandwidth of 100 Mbps per port while dramatically reducing connectivity costs and cabling weight.
BroadR-Reach automotive Ethernet solutions are available from the following semiconductor companies:
- Dedicated bandwidth per port
- Advanced cable diagnostics for each link
- IEEE standard (AVB) for entertainment audio/video processing
BroadR-Reach is a trademark of Broadcom Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries